II AQUASEF Networking event was held in Madrid
Last Tuesday, April 25th, AQUASEF project partnership organized its second LIFE project Networking event in Madrid (Room A of the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness).
The event, which took place during the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the call, aimed to publicize the progress of the AQUASEF project and promote synergies and collaboration with other related projects. The meeting was focused on LIFE projects linked to environmental improvement in different areas that have synergies with AQUASEF (clean energy, circular economy and efficient production) and anyone that may be interested in life programme and new collaboration possibilities.
The event was opened by Ms. Maria Ángeles Ferre, Head of the Scientific and Technical Thematic Programs subdivision of the State Research Agency (Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness), and was divided into two roundtables: the first one, with representatives of the five entities participating in the consortium, focused on publicizing the progress of the project, the results obtained and the advantages of the application of renewable energies, Hydrogen and fuel cells technologies, culture of microalgae, and the most efficient oxygenation techniques in estuary aquaculture. The second round table focused on disseminating other LIFE projects of interest and synergies with AQUASEF project.
Within the framework of the day, bilateral Networking meetings between representatives of LIFE projects in progress were held, with the aim of making the event a suitable meeting point for the exchange of impressions and experiences on development Of R+D+i projects financed by the LIFE + program.
Bellow you can access to the documents of the event:
List of participating projects.
- AQUASEF project presentation, by Ms. Maribel Rodríguez, ARIEMA Energía y Medioambiente S.L., AQUASEF's coordinator.
Round Table I: LIFE AQUASEF “Eco-efficient technologies development in aquaculture” Chair person: Ms. Myriam Retamero, CTAQUA.
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy sources within aquaculture sector, by Mr. Francisco Javier Leal, INOMA Renovables S.L.
- Environmental advantages through the use of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies in aquaculture sector, by Mr. Rafael Luque ARIEMA Energía y Medioambiente S.L.
- Best practices for oxygenation in tanks cultivation effluents and valorization of sub-products, by Mr. Álvaro Lobo Drops & Bubbles Tecnología S.L
Round Table II: LIFE projects potential for the improvement of environmental quality. Chair person: Ms. Marina Cárdenas, ARIEMA Energía y Medioambiente S.L.
- LIFE ECOELECTRICITY. Valorization of alcoholic wastes to produce H2 to be used in the sustainable generation of electricity, by Ms. María Algarra and María Dolores Corvinos, Project Manager Innotecno Development S.L.
- LIFE COOP 2020. Pilot for rural smart grids through optimization of energy use and innovative renewable biomass sources,by Mr. Sven Kallen, Transferconsultancy.
LIFE SMART FERTIRRIGATION. Integrated pig manure digestate processing for direct injection of organic liquid fertiliser into irrigation systems, by Mr. Sven Kallen, Transferconsultancy.
- LIFE REWIND. Profitable small scale renewable energy systems in agrifood industry and rural areas: demonstration in the wine sector, by Mr. Javier Carroquino, Universidad de Zaragoza.
LIFE CO2 FORMARE. Use of CO2 as a substitute of chlorine-based chemicals used in o&m industrial processes for macrofouling remedation, by Mr. Félix de la Paz, IBERDROLA.
- LIFE+INTEGRAL CARBON. Development and global enfrocement of GHG capture photobioreactors in agroindustrial activities, by Mr. Carlos Rad, UBUCOMP, Universidad de Burgos.